Introduction

Hello,
My name is Michael Kirsch and I am an EdS student at Walden University. The series of blogs I will be developing will investigate and research various aspects of Distance Learning (online education). Please feel free to comment, respond or give your "two bits" on any of the subject matter posted on this site. I look forward to thoughtful and lively discussions.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Diagram

Follow the link to the right to view my diagram on tools and strategies for effective online learner involvement.
Post your comments here. I look forward to your feedback.
Thanks,
Michael

3 comments:

  1. You have put a great deal of work into your graph and it looks wonderful. You also have great explanation for each part of the graph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael,
    I like the graphic you used. This, to me, shows how each aspect is underpinned by one of the others. They all make up the whole.

    You mention both flexibility and the human element. I think this is important when we use any technology. For instance, when I use JPEGs to create weekly thoughts, I am using PPT (flexible, easy to use) to create reusable artifacts to embed in the class. They have a human element (I use my own photography) and engage the student for that week's concept. When we show students the various applications for software they use, we are showing them how to engage and challenge technology :)

    Thanks,
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael, I love the diagram and how it related to the engaged learner. We are all striving to engage the learners and keep them engaged in the classroom environment.

    ReplyDelete